Outline of Final Paper
Review the Final Paper instructions in Week Five. Then, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar. Review the “Sample: Outline.” Format your outline for the Final Paper according to the “Sample: Outline.” (NOTE: In the “Sample: Outline,” it states that the thesis statement is the last one to three sentences of the introduction. How;ever, the thesis statement must be one sentence in length and the last sentence of the introduction.)
The outline must contain:
- Introduction with thesis statement
- At least five body paragraphs
- Reference page containing at least three academic resources, two of which are found in the Ashford Online Library
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
aw Enforcement and Private Sector Organizations
From the choices below, compare and contrast a position in law enforcement agency and a position in a civilian organization/business.
Law Enforcement Agency
- Local law enforcement agent from your state/Police officer
- F.B.I. agent/officer
- U.S. Army officer/ Military police officer
- U.S. Marshals deputy
- U.S. Secret Service agent
- Internal Revenue Service agent
- U.S. Border Patrol agent
- U.S. Park Police agent
- Postal Inspection Service agent
- Central Intelligence Agency agent
- State police officer
- Highway patrol officer
- Factory/Manufacturing organization manager
- Large computer or electronics organization/company manager
- Internet company manager
- College or university provost/administrator
- Water company manager
- Telephone service company manager
- Agricultural organization/company manager
- Pilot/Flight attendant
You will discuss the following topics in relation to the two organizations/positions.
- Training and certification needed for job responsibilities.
- Work hours, duties, and compensation packages, including benefits for retirement, health, on the job injury, and overtime.
- Job satisfaction with regard to morale, depression, divorce, drug/alcohol abuse, and suicide.
- What employee assistance programs are available to each organization to help combat some of these issues?
- What are the statistics within each type of organization?
- What accounts for these statistics and why?
- Impact of the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 (F.L.S.A.) on both types of organizations.
- Improvements each organization could make to create a better work environment for all involved, from management down through first-line employees.