- Hook: Introduce yourself using professional disclosure. How do any personal facts about you or your audience relate to the policy and impact? This can help grab your audience’s attention. (completed)
- Describe the Problem: Present the problem and issues with the current policy that attempts to address the problem. Explain the impact on specific populations. You might even recount a specific story of someone adversely impacted by the problem, and explain how the policy as it exists does not help them.
- Call to Action: Inspire your audience to support your goals for change. Why should they care.
briefly address the following:
- Which strategies did you use to communicate the problem and needs of the population to your audience?
- Why did you select the specific strategies over others? Was your selection informed by the details of your audience? Explain.
- How did you use the following format to present your goals for change?
- Describe the Problem
- Call to Action