APA Style and No PLAGIARISM !!!!
- Search the ACA websites (Including the ACA branches site) in this week’s Learning Resources to research current legislative concerns in the counseling profession, and select one legislative concern that interests you.
- Based on the issue you chose, determine whom to contact: your federal, state, or local elected official.
- Compose an email or letter to the chosen elected official about the legislative concern.
- Note: Your letter or email will be more effective if you address a single topic or issue rather than a variety of issues you may feel passionate about. Typed, 1-page letters are best. Many Political Action Committees (PACs) recommend a three-paragraph letter that is straightforward and to the point.
- Review the web article “Tips for Writing Effective Letters to Congress” in the Learning Resources for more recommendations on writing your e-mail or letter.
- Cite at least two scholarly articles in the email or letter to support your position.
- Keep the email or letter succinct (no more than 3 paragraphs).