Please see attachment for instructions to be follow.
Read instructions carefully
3 scholarly references with in the last 5 years
Plagiarism free with Turnitin report
STUDY GUIDE FOR MEDICATION TREATMENT SCHIZOPHRENIA SPECTRUM AND OTHER PSYCHOSIS DISORDERS.
The medication in this case is Quetiapine.
Reflect on the psychopharmacologic treatments you might recommend for treatment of patients with Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders.
Research your assigned psychotropic medication agent. Then, develop an organizational scheme for the important information about the medication.
Review Learning Resource: Utah State University. (n.d.). Creating study guides.
Create a study guide for your assigned psychotropic medication agents
SEROQUEL(QUETIAPINE). Your study guide should be in the form of an outline with references, and you should incorporate visual elements such as concept maps, charts, diagrams, images, color coding, mnemonics, and/or flashcards. Be creative!
It should not be in the format of an APA paper. Your guide should be informed by the
FDA-approved and Evidenced-Based, Clinical Practice Guidelines Research but also supported by at least three other scholarly resources.
Areas of importance you should address, but are not limited to, are:
· Title page
· Description of the Psychopharmacological medication agent including brand and generic names and appropriate FDA indication uses
· Any supporting, valid and reliable research for non-FDA uses
· Drug classification
· The medication mechanism of action
· The medication pharmacokinetics
· The medication pharmacodynamics
· Mechanism of Action
· Appropriate dosing, administration route, and any considerations for dosing alterations
· Considerations of use and dosing in specific specialty populations to consider children, adolescents, elderly, pregnancy, suicidal behaviors, etc.
· Definition of Half-life, why half-life is important, and the half-life for your assigned medication
· Side effects/adverse reaction potentials
· Contraindications for use including significant drug to drug interactions
· Overdose Considerations
· Diagnostics and labs monitoring
· Comorbidities considerations
· Legal and ethical considerations
· Pertinent patient education considerations
· Reference Page