For this discussion we will consider if the social world can be bad for your health and/or if social institutions can improve your health.
For the initial post, examine ways that some of the social institutions studied this week (the family, the educational system, or religions) might affect the health (physical, mental, spiritual) of the people in the institution. Also, consider behaviors, practices, or experiences of specific demographic groups in the United States related to the social institutions studied this week (the family, the educational system, or religions) and examine ways specific demographic groups’ health could be affected positively or negatively.
For the initial post, respond to one of the following options, and label the beginning of your post indicating either Option 1 or Option 2 or Option 3:
- Option 1: How might health outcomes be affected by religious practices of members of varying religions in the United States? Do a little digging: What are some services that religious organizations provide in your area that help people improve their health?
- Option 2: Interview a friend or family member whose family habits have changed as a result of a health issue. What about their family life led to this health impact? How did their family life change as a result, and how did this impact the family, was the change easy or not?
- Option 3: How might health outcomes be affected by religious practices of members of varying religions in the United States? Are there other behaviors, outside of formal religious practice or formal religious ceremonial observances, such as dietary requirements or other behavioral requirements of members of religious institutions in the United States that might affect their health, either directly or indirectly?
– APA format for in-text citations and list of references
– Minimum of 1 source cited