“Managing Conflict” Please respond to the following:
- Your bags are packed for a family vacation to Jamaica, and you leave in three days. There is no way that you can get a refund since you purchased your airfare and hotel through a special offer on a travel website. Your co-worker calls out of work for one week, saying her child has the flu and she can’t come to work because she has no one to watch her child. Your supervisor says you have to cover that co-worker’s shift AGAIN for the fourth time in two months. Unfortunately, if you cover the shift you will miss your vacation, and you will lose the money you spent on it.
- How would you manage this job conflict, and why? Do you:
- Avoid your supervisor and call out sick
- Collaborate with your supervisor to come up with a solution
- Accommodate your supervisor and skip your vacation