-MLA, 12pt font, times new romans
Please respond to the following prompt. Your analytic memo will be
due at 11:59pm on Saturday of this week, meaning on Sunday at midnight
it is late, and late work will not be accepted without a valid excuse.
The parameters for your response are as follows:
- The response must be between 850-1150 words. Students that fall short of the required word count will receive a 10% deduction.
- You must cite a minimum of 3 scholarly sources– news media
articles do not count as scholarly sources, only peer reviewed journals,
- You must cite all sources clearly and consistently, regardless of the citation style you choose be sure to keep it consistent.
- You must include a works cited (not part of the word count) at the end.
- You response should include considerable reflection on the
pertinent course terms and concepts, failing to reference these
consistently throughout will result in a deduction.
Week One Prompt
In the weekly theme, we explored an apparent contradiction;
categories like race, ethnicity, gender, class, sexuality, and so on are
at once socially constructed and yet every bit as real as a physical
force like gravity. Citing scholarly works from your class readings or
from outside of the course readings, discuss how these social constructs
become real in how people relate to one another. Give clean and
concrete examples. Remember, you can’t see gravity, but you can examine
and point out its effects, and so it is with these crucial categories by
which difference is defined.