The meaning of some literary works is often enhanced by sustained allusions to myths, the Bible, or other works of literature. Write a well-organized essay in which you explain an allusion that predominates in Watchmen and analyze how it enhances the work’s meaning.
Watchmen Essay Directions During your reading of Watchmen. This essay will be a minimum of 5 pages, double-spaced, in proper MLA 8 format.This essay is to reflect your understanding, ideas, and interpretations of Watchmen — ABSOLUTELY NO RESEARCH should be involved in this assignment.Please be sure to view the SafeAssign report after you have posted your essay.Any “matches” to online sources could seriously affect your grade. This is not a book report or book review. Be sure that you offer a clear thesis, and then defend your thesis with examples, evidence, and explanation. I am expecting polished prose. Your writing should be clear and concise with few errors. No Plagiarism Purdue’s OWL is a great resource that clearly defines the issue (http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/research/r_plagiar.html) . Assessment this assessment is a guide as you write and revise your paper. Following is a general explanation of the categories and how they will be used.Be sure to review these terms in the Glossary:
- Interpretation — what is the overall success of your thesis and conclusions?
- Synthesis — how do you apply your outside sources to your primary text(s)?
- Research — do you choose appropriate sources and clearly demonstrate their value?
- Development — have you provided enough examples and explanation to make your case?
- Organization — have you clearly and effectively ordered your ideas?
- Mechanics — is your paper free of obvious mistakes that get in the way of reading?
- I will determine your grade based upon how well you have demonstrated competency in the categories for assessment, as well as the clarity, style, and precision of your prose.
I will determine your grade based upon how well you have demonstrated competency in the categories for assessment, as well as the clarity, style, and precision of your prose.