Watch a movie or 2–3 episodes of a TV show, web serial, or vlog released within the past year that features an adolescent character or content creator.
- Font: Times New Roman, no larger than 12 point font.
- Length: 2–3 pages in addition to a reference page.
- Resources: Include at least three resources cited in your paper and listed on your reference page.
- Analyze the movie, TV show, or other content, creating a case study that moves beyond simply summarizing the issues presented by an adolescent character and instead applies developmental theories to explain psychosocial problems.
- Organize your assignment with paragraphs that include a thesis statement and supporting details as well as transitional sentences. See the Writing CenterLinks to an external site. for additional support.
Write a one paragraph introduction, including:
- The name of the media element, providing a general description of the plot, setting, and basic context of the movie, TV show, or content.
- The name of the character.
- The developmental/mental health issue.
Provide a brief description of the character, which includes, in 2–4 paragraphs:
- Physical development as related to adolescence.
- Cognitive development as related to adolescence.
- Social and family relationships as related to adolescence.
- At least one example of cited evidence from the textbook for each aspect of development discussed.
- Identify one potential developmental or mental health issue for the character you selected (1–2 paragraphs).
- Apply one social theory to the developmental or mental health issue you identified (1–2 paragraphs).
- Apply one developmental theory (as listed in the text) to the developmental or mental health issue you identified (1–2 paragraphs).
- Share the findings from one peer-reviewed source related to the developmental or mental health issues you identified (1–2 paragraphs).
- Write a conclusion that includes a brief summary of the developmental or mental health issue as displayed in the show (1 paragraph).