During your field education experience, you will interact with multiple clients. As you interact with clients and review your process recordings, you might discover that one client stands out. This may be due to the services needed or a potential case history that interests you.
As a future social worker, preparing a case presentation allows you to present social work practice skills demonstrated in addressing client needs to your colleagues.
For this Assignment, you will submit a case presentation of a client you encountered during your field education experience. Review your field education experience notes and your previous process recordings.
The Assignment (4–5 pages):
Create a Case Presentation that includes the following:
- An explanation of your agency and the services offered ( https://intentionalgrowthbhs.com/ )
- A description of your client including demographics (13-year-old, white female Jane is currently in DSS custody as legal guardian, but lives in 2 parent foster home with plans to be adopted this year. Jane has been with them for over a year and has 1 biological sibling living with her but comes from a family of 4 other siblings who are not in her life per DSS court recommendations.),
presenting problem (Jane was placed out of home due to neglect from biological family. Jane was caught taking nudes of younger sibling which she lives with. Jane stated someone she was talking to online made her do it and threatened to hurt her siblings or family if she didn’t. Client meets criteria for unspecified trauma and stress related disorder as evidence by, irritable behavior and anger outbursts, problems with concentration, directly experiencing traumatic event consisting of neglect from biological mother, along with being separated from siblings. Clinician recommends that client engages in psychotherapy services to be provided with in processing through previous traumatic events, current changes, and challenges with appropriately self-regulating.)
goal (will increase positive and assertive decision making, will demonstrate increased awareness of and adherence to acceptable standards of safety in client’s home and living environment, Chloe will experience decreased symptoms of PTSD)
legal/ethical considerations (court recommended no contact with her family due to neglect and family’s lack of follow through with past court recommendations),
proposed treatment/social services delivery plan (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy, Client-Centered Therapy. DSS will step down after family fully adopts.)
Include termination plans if applicable (Throughout engagement, Jane will continue weekly sessions and step down to biweekly sessions after continuous assessment and will be terminated upon completion of goals.)
- An explanation of whether interacting with your client demonstrated social work practice skills
- Identification of potential social work skills not demonstrated in your agency or field placement, including a proposed professional development plan
- An explanation of how preparing and engaging in a formal case presentation represents a component of professional social work