1. Research biomagnification and explain why it should have more of an impact on wolves than on rabbits.
2. Discuss what is meant by hormone disruption; why scientists believe that it will ultimately affect survival of humans and wildlife; and how you can reduce your exposure to hormone disruptors.
3. Explain what is meant by a dose-response relationship of hazardous substances.
4. Our lifestyle contributes to the different toxins found in the environment. Identify examples of contributing factors and also ways that we can help to reduce them.
5. Discuss the Gaia hypothesis and how it relates to toxicology.
6. Choose one of the six categories of toxic chemicals to research further. Identify the type of toxic chemical; explain what it is; provide examples; discuss what effects it has on the body.
7. Identify and discuss examples of toxic chemicals that you are exposed to everyday at home, in your community, workplace, etc. What are some of the health risks associated with them?
8. There are many environmental health issues in existence today. Briefly research one of these issues and discuss what efforts have been conducted to address it on a worldwide level.
9. Discuss chemicals that are hazards in the workplace and occupational health issues. Provide specific examples to support your answer.
10. In your opinion, do you think that testing of toxic chemicals on animals should be allowed? Why or why not? Support your answer.