Part 1: Evaluation of Christian Articles
Your task will first be to find one article on the Origins of Life for each of the categories of Christian thinking. Try to find as recent an article as possible. For convenience the websites are listed here:
- One from a Young Earth Creationist website: http://answersingenesis.org/, http://www.icr.org/, http://creation.com/
- One from a Progressive Creationism website: http://reasons.org/
- One from an Evolutionary Creation website: http://biologos.org/
Note: articles can get very technical. It is unclear as to why this is, but perhaps wanting to seem authoritative they are written at a level inaccessible to everyone but college professors who work actively in the subfield. Just try to read through it and answer the following questions:
- What is your first reaction after reading the article?
- How does the article characterize science and/or scientists?
- What does the article have to say about God or any Scriptures?
- If you were the one who has spent perhaps your entire life working on this one idea, how would you react to how the Christian article characterizes your work?
- What scientific papers or research ideas are being addressed in the article?
- What target audience does the paper seem written for?
- If you were not a Christian, how would you react to the article?