You will have to virtually develop a small business network.( Internet cafe) Your task is to lay out their needs and how this network will look like by including the devices involved (modem, router, access points, etc) and their proper configuration (setting up IP’s DNS, gateways, etc).
Your diagram should include as a minimum:
- One firewall
- One router with at least two interfaces
- Two switches
- Two endpoints (for example desktops) for each LAN
- Two separate subnets with their respective IP address range. Also explain in your diagram breakdown why you subnet your network the way you did.
Please label each network with appropriate IP subnets of your choosing. Please label each device with its IP address.
The sections of the report are the following:
- Summary – what were the needs and how is your layout effective for this purpose?
- Preface – What is your business and what are their needs.
- Equipment – equipment to be used for your business and define their purpose
- Network Layout – post your diagram all labeled with the networking info. Write a breakdown of this network and explain your configuration.