If f(x) is differentiable for the closed interval [-3, 2] such that f(-3) = 4 and f(2) = 4, then there exists a value c, -3 < c < 2 such that (4 points)
If f(x) = ι(x2 – 8)ι, how many numbers in the interval 0 ≤ x ≤ 2.5 satisfy the conclusion of the mean value theorem? (4 points)
Find the exact value of the following limit: . (4 points)
For which pair of functions f(x) and g(x) below will the ? (4 points)
Evaluate . (4 points)
Which of the following is the best linear approximation for f(x) = tan(x) near ? (4 points)
If f(2) = 10 and , which of the following is the best approximation for f(2.03) using local linearization? (4 points)
The function’s value will always be greater than or equal to the local linear approximation of a function f if, for all x in an interval containing the point of tangency, (4 points)
At the point of tangency, the function’s value and the local linear approximation of a function have the same value. (4 points)
If f is a function such that , then which of the following statements must be true? (4 points)
Last 5 must SHOW ALL WORK
Let g be a function that is defined for all x, x ≠ 2, such that g(3) = 4 and the derivative of g is
g′(x) = with x ≠ 2.
- Find all values of x where the graph of g has a critical value.
- For each critical value, state whether the graph of g has a local maximum, local minimum, or neither. You must justify your answers with a complete sentence.
- On what intervals is the graph of g concave down? Justify your answer.
- Write an equation for the tangent line to the graph of g at the point where x = 3.
- Does this tangent line lie above or below the graph at this point? Justify your answer.