Effective Leadership Essay
Choose an individual who you consider to be an effective leader to study. This person may be someone you have worked for or with, or you may choose a prominent figure you admire. Write an essay identifying their leadership style and approaches, and explain how the leader’s effectiveness is determined by the following:
- Communication competencies.
- Predispositions for leadership communication.
- Use of strategic communication objectives.
- Use of power bases.
- Contributing behavioral factors.
- Refer directly to the information in Figure 7.1,”The Blake and Mouton Managerial Grid” on page 224; the Hersey and Blanchard concept of situational leadership starting on page 226; Figure 7.2, “Communication Tactics for Leadership” starting on page 241; and Figure 7.3, “Principled Leadership” starting on page 247 of the course text.