MUST HAVE AT LEAST TWO PERR REVIEWED REFERENCES EACH
Power and Leadership in Supervision
In the readings this week you have learned about different types of power. Consider the types of power (for example, legitimate, reward, coercive, et cetera.) that supervisors experience.
- In your view, which type of power is most beneficial in building and maintaining a successful supervisory relationship? Why do you think so?
- Provide an example of a time you have seen this type of power used successfully in supervision.
- Which type of power might most hinder the development of a successful supervisory relationship? How?
- Provide an example of a time you have seen this type of power hinder supervision.
- As a supervisor, how would you use power successfully to build and maintain relationships with others?
Process Recording Techniques
Review the readings in this unit along with the Process Recording assignment instructions (in Unit 6). For this discussion, complete the following:
- Discuss two benefits of conducting a process recording.
- Discuss how the content presented in the readings can be useful in completing your Process Recording assignment. Be specific.