Use NYC Active Major Construction website to identify a New Building development site in your neighborhood or a neighborhood of interest to you and answer the following questions.
1. List the details of the development project you selected including location, use, lot and building size, developer, and status. Research and provide up to 3 objections to the development and stated reasons.
From the perspective of a resident/neighbor:
2. Discuss how this project will impact your block/neighborhood during construction and upon completion.
3. Do you think there was a better use for that location than what is planned or does it fit the property site/neighborhood?
Now, from the perspective of a developer:
4. What would you build on the site? What is highest and best use for the neighborhood and location?
5. How do you see the development’s impact on the neighborhood?
6. How does the site integrate with the surrounding buildings and block?