Those in the human services field have a responsibility to work with clients in a culturally competent and ethical manner. To do so, practitioners must develop sensitivity to culturally relevant research that guides practice.
The purpose of this assignment is to evaluate the differences between traditional research and culturally relevant research approaches and how each addresses culture and cultural difference. What is different between these two approaches, and how might these differences impact the promotion of social justice in the delivery of human services?
Throughout this course you have been working on the following components of this research project:
- Week 2: Critical Thinking Assignment Submit a Research Project topic.
- Week 3: Critical Thinking Assignment Draft and submit a brief proposal for your final Research Project paper.
- Week 4: Critical Thinking Assignment Create an interview plan to use in Week 5.
- Week 5: Critical Thinking Assignment Conduct an interview using the plan created in Week 4 and report the results.
Now it is time to bring all the pieces together in a final, comprehensive research paper.
- Identify a theory or theoretical perspective that offers insight or explanation regarding your chosen cultural group.
- Apply the selected theory/theoretical perspective and conduct literature-based research that discusses, uses, or compares and contrasts traditional and culturally relevant research methods or practices. Your literature-based research must result in five to seven scholarly sources that represent diverse authors and reflect current issues in the human services field, have been published within the past five years, and are not assigned readings in this course. (You may use the sources you generated during the Week 3 Critical Thinking Assignment. Incorporate your sources you choose into your final paper.
- The body of your paper will evaluate and integrate discussion and conclusions on:
- traditional vs. culturally relevant research methods or practices
- your chosen cultural group for this project
- the information from your agency interview.
Address the following:
- What is the analysis and description of traditional research you found in your research, including in your interview?
- What is the analysis and description of culturally relevant research you found in your research, including in your interview?
- Evaluate the key differences between traditional research and culturally relevant research and how these affect the cultural group you are exploring.
- Discuss the relationship of culturally relevant research for the promotion of social justice and ethical practice for the group you are studying.
- Offer conclusions drawn from your research, explaining how the culturally relevant research plays out in practice and how your research and analysis will help you make decisions about your own cultural competence.
Your research project will be a ten- to fifteen-page paper (not counting the cover page, table of contents, and reference page that you must include). Ensure that your paper is formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
Your paper must include the following:
- Cover page
- Table of contents
- An introduction
- The body that addresses the guidelines above
- A conclusion section that draws the work together and discusses application of theory to practice
- Reference page.
DEAR PROFF WHITE, I have attached Critical Thinking Assignments 2,3,4, and 5. Each of which you have completed for me. You can refer to them ass necessary. This is the final project in which all the information will be used together.