make up an Interview:
Interview an entrepreneur or small business owner. You may do this in person, on the phone, or via e-mail. The individual may be a friend or family member or someone whose business you frequent.
You should type out your responses. All answers should be answered in complete sentences. And most answers will require at least a few sentences to answer completely. Don’t hesitate to ask the person you are interviewing to expand on their answers. Then upload the answers to these questions to our Canvas course site and bring a paper copy to class to submit. Be sure to number each of your answers to correspond with the questions below. You should use this instruction sheet as the template to answer the questions and upload this document complete with questions and answers.
- Identify the individual you interviewed, the name of the business, the location and nature of the business.
- How long have you been in business?
- What led you to own your own business? Had you always imagined yourself owning your own business? Or was this a “career path” that developed over time?
- How did you determine what type of business you would start?
- Is this your first (only) experience with owning your own business? Or have you owned other businesses before?
- What are the things outside your control that affect your business the most?
- What are the greatest challenges you face in running your business?
- What do you enjoy most about owning your own business?
- What do you enjoy least about owning your own business?
- What one piece of advice would you give to a college student interested in owning his/her own business some day?