Competency in Microsoft Excel
Complete Extend Your Skills EA2-E1 on page 63 of your Excel Textbook: Create Financial Statements for Frozen Fractals Corp.Once you have prepared the financial statements, use Excel to perform the following ratio analyses: (a) current ratio ; (b) quick ratio; (c) debt ratio; (d) equity ratio; (f) debt-to-equity ratio ; and (g) profit margin for each reporting period. You may have to refer to your previous accounting textbooks or research the ratios on the Internet to find the formulas.
- You must use Excel to compute the formulas. Points will be deducted if you do not enter the formulas into excel.Part I:
- Complete EA2-E1 Create Financial Statements for Frozen Fractals Corp. from your Excel textbook on Page 63. You will be required to use formulas and/functions to recreate the firmâ€™s financial statements.
- Using the data from your balance sheet and income statement, conduct the requested ratio analyses.
- You will submit one Excel workbook for Part I
- Write a two to three (2-3) page memo in which you summarize the firmâ€™s financial position, based on the information provided in Part I.
- In your summary, discuss whether the firm is financially strong, what they have more of (assets or liabilities), whether they are generating income, the results of their financial ratios, and whether you would invest in this company or not.
- The memo will be submitted electronically as a Microsoft Word document with SWS formatting.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Demonstrate the use of various functions and applications in Microsoft Excel for accounting records and reports.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE STEPS, FAILURE TO USE EXCEL TO COMPUTE THE RATIOS, AND FAILURE TO SUBMIT BOTH PARTS AS INSTRUCTED WILL RESULT IN POINT DEDUCTION