Naturalistic Observation Assignment
Your first assignment in this class will be to conduct a naturalistic observation for 15-30 minutes. It does not matter who you observe or where you observe that individual. Observe a single individual. You are to record your observations, meaning their behaviors, mannerism, activities, interactions with others. You will conduct 2 observations on the same individual.
Part 1 (the person does not know that he or she are being observed).
- You already obtained permission to conduct your observation.
- Observe for 15-30 minutes.
- Record the time the observation started
- Record notes on any actions, behaviors, mannerisms, activities, and interaction the person(s) has
- Record the time the observation ended
6.Write down some comments or conclusions about your observation
Write a one page type-written (i.e., double-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font, i-inch margins), explaining what you saw and any conclusions you can draw from your observation. Include:
- Time started for both observations
- Time ended for both observations
- A short paragraph describing the participants behavior (this is based on your notes)
- Your conclusion about the behavior in each observations (part 1)
5.How did the behavior differ in part 1 and part 2. (PART 1 THE PARTICIPANT[ANTS WERE AWARE OF THE PBSERVATION)