Assignment 2: Research
Criminal justice practitioners face many issues that need solutions. Society as a whole, as well as communities, depends on these solutions to maintain order and functionality. Being familiar with conducting research is a valuable asset for criminal justice practitioners.
In a 5-6 page paper, describe and discuss the five methods of scientific research (Observation/Research, Hypothesis, Prediction, Experimentation, Conclusion). Identify and discuss at least three social research designs used in criminological research. As an appendix to your paper, please include a flow chart of the five methods of scientific research. Be sure to include at least four credible sources.
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the Assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria:
- Include a cover page and references page in 10â€“12-point font (Arial, Courier, and Times New Roman are acceptable)
- Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained
- Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics
- Appropriate citation style should be followed
You should also make sure to:
- Include a title page with full name, class name, section number, and date
- Include an introductory and concluding paragraph and demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English
- Use examples to support your discussion
- Cite all sources on a separate reference page at the end of your paper and cited within the body of your paper using APA format