- Is there more to HR than its predecessor, PA? Discuss the arguments for and against this notion.
- Based on your experience, to what extent do you agree or disagree with Hammonds’ arguments and why?
- In your opinion, who is responsible for HR not reaching its full potential in general? Who is responsible for HR not reaching its full potential in your organization (if applicable)?
- Based on what you have learned so far, how can HR act as a strategic business partner in general? How can HR act as a strategic partner in your organization?
- After reading both articles, do you think your employer should increase, decrease or outsource HR roles and functions and why?
Use at least one additional scholarly source and provide the link within the body of your initial post to further support your analysis.
Read “Selected List of Pending and Resolved Cases Under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA).” Select two case studies and present a defense strategy as if you were the HR representative for the company that potentially violated EEOC guidelines. Try to explain why the company may be in compliance, or defend the company in lieu of a potential lawsuit. In order to provide a thorough analysis, please use at least two other sources in addition to the official EEOC website.