Need help with my Biology question – I’m studying for my class.
Address the following questions:
- What has the role of biological anthropology historically been, in regards to the definition of different races? How does that differ from the current approach?
- What do you think of when you hear the word “race”?
- Why is it more appropriate to speak in terms of ancestry instead of race when we discuss genetic differences in humans?
- How did your categorization of people compare to how they classified themselves (in the “Sorting People” activity)? How does this reflect some of the principles of variation that we examined this week?
- Can you think of any possible biological consequences of the social reality of race?