One of the fundamental challenges facing effective public administrators is acknowledging and dealing with the existence of administrative evil, wicked problems, and groupthink. This week’s Learning Resources are of vital importance to your having a well-rounded understanding of the ethical responsibilities of public administrators in the 21st century.
For this Assignment, you will consider a social issue in light of administrative evil, wicked problems, and/or groupthink. You will then make recommendations for how best to meet the challenges posed by issue.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources related to administrative evil, wicked problems, and groupthink.
- Select a current challenge or social issue of interest to you in which administrative evil, wicked problems, and/or groupthink are at play.
Assignment (2–3 pages, not including reference and title pages)
- Summarize the current challenge or social issue you selected, and explain why you chose it.
- Explain how administrative evil, wicked problems, and/or groupthink relate to the challenge or issue you selected.
- Describe the steps you would take as a public administrator to address the challenge or issue.
- Identify at least one peer-reviewed article (not from the Learning Resources) to support your perspective. Include proper APA referencing (in-text citations and a Reference List).