Unit VIII Scholarly Activity
Choose one of the categories of mental health conditions listed on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services webpage What to look for. (e.g., anxiety disorders, behavioral disorders, eating disorders, mental health and substance-use disorders, mood disorders, personality disorders, psychotic disorders, suicidal behavior, or trauma and stress related disorders).
After making a selection, conduct your own brief research on the disorder and write a paper which accomplishes the following objectives:
- Begin with an introduction that defines the disorder and states the importance of addressing it from a community health perspective.
- Describe the available treatment options.
- Describe funding and reimbursement for treatment of the disorder you have chosen.
- Discuss any governing laws or policies regarding the disorder as well as any political or legal issues surrounding it.
- Describe whether you believe the community and public health services available for this disorder are effective.
- Conclude with at least two recommendations of needed improvements in the treatment, funding, or resources necessary to addresss the disorder in a community health setting.
Your scholarly activity must be at least two pages in length, not counting the title or references pages. You must use at least three sources, one of which may be your eTextbook, to support your project. All sources used must have citations and references in APA Style. APA formatting is otherwise not required.