To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this week’s DVD program, “Introduction to Psychological Research.” Think about the role and benefits of research within forensic psychology.
- Review Chapter 1 in your course text, Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences. Pay particular attention to reasons for conducting research and how research is applied.
- Think about how basic and applied research, as well as research designs, could be used in forensic psychology research.
- Consider the three basic research designs (e.g., descriptive, correlational, and experimental) for studying behavior.
- Think about the strengths and weaknesses of each research design as it relates to forensic psychology research.
Post by Day 4
Your understanding of the relevance of research within forensic psychology. Describe how the three basic research designs could be used in forensic psychology research. Explain the strengths and weaknesses of each design as it applies to forensic psychology research.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.