This discussion is centered around an article titled, “6 Real-Life Benefits Of Continuing Professional Development” by the Digital Marketing Institute team. Being a ‘Lifelong Learner’ is the cornerstone to achieving your goals and dreams. If this were not true, you would probably not be in this very class.
One of the major benefits of continuing professional development is learning new skills; of course the benefits do not stop there. Your newly obtained knowledge and skillsets will easily bleed into your personal lives, helping you become the best person that you can be. (DMI, 2020)
Link: https://digitalmarketinginstitute.com/blog/6-real-life-benefits-of-continuing-professional-development (Links to an external site.)
After reading the Continuing Professional Development blog, post your thoughts covering one or some of the following areas.
- Do you believe that Continuing Professional Development and Education is important to those in the HTM field? Explain why or why not?
- During your working career, have you been able to participate in workplace organized Continuing Professional Development opportunities?
- Of the 6 suggested benefits, which two do you feel are the most important?
- What BMET relatable knowledge and skillsets (if any) did you obtain before starting your education.
- Have you ever sought out training for new portions at your work center that were not in your normal scope of responsibilities?
A couple of other great links to help inspire your learning journey are:
- https://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/12-signs-you-are-lifelong-learner.html (Links to an external site.)
- https://www.teachthought.com/learning/10-simple-ways-to-engage-in-lifelong-learning/ (Links to an external site.)