the United States, both the federal government and the states have
authority to indict for criminal wrongdoing. The federal government and
each state have their own criminal statutes, court system, prosecutors,
and police agencies. Use your textbook, the Internet, and / or Strayer
Library to research articles on crime trial, prosecutor, and criminal
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
yourself in the role of a prosecutor and explain the importance of the
final report to the prosecution of a case. Further, analyze the possible
impact of poorly completed final reports on the prosecution of a case.
Figure 21.1 “The Use of Evidence in the Stages of the Criminal Justice
Process” in Chapter 21 of the text and specify the manner in which each
stage of the criminal justice process helps to build a successfully
litigated action. Provide a rationale to support your response.
a criminal investigator’s role in preparing a case for court. Analyze
the manner in which the investigator cooperates with the prosecutor to
enhance the courtroom presentation.
- Differentiate not guilty
and acquitted. Give your opinion as to whether or not an acquittal means
that the investigator failed. Support your position.
one to two (1-2) changes that will take place in criminal investigation
in the next twenty (20) years. Provide a rationale to support your
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources in
this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar type Websites do not
qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the major components of and responsiblities involved in the investigative process.
- Recommend improvements to the criminal investigation process in selected areas.
- Predict changes that will take place in criminal investigation in the next 20 years.
- Evaluate the role of the criminal investigator in preparing evidence for presentation and courtroom testimony.
- Use technology and information resources to conduct research in the criminal investigation process.
- Write clearly and concisely about the criminal investigation process using proper writing mechanics.
for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic /
organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.