Assignment 2: t Tests in Practice
The practice of quantitative research not only involves statistical calculations and formulas but also involves the understanding of statistical techniques related to real world applications. You might not become a quantitative researcher nor use statistical methods in your profession, but as a consumer, citizen, and scholar-practitioner, it will be important for you to become a critical consumer of research, which will empower you to read, interpret, and evaluate the strength of claims made in scholarly material and daily news.
For this Assignment, you will critically evaluate a scholarly article related to t tests.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Search for and select a quantitative article specific to your discipline and related to t tests. Help with this task may be found in the Course guide and assignment help linked in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources.
For this Assignment:
Write a 2- to 3-page critique of the article. In your critique, include responses to the following:
- Why did the authors use this t test?
- Do you think itâ€™s the most appropriate choice? Why or why not?
- Did the authors display the data?
- Do the results stand alone? Why or why not?