The literature review of a dissertation is more than a “book report” that summarizes a set of research articles. The literature review is a synthesis of ideas. This synthesis illuminates a gap in the research literature that can be filled by additional research such as a doctoral dissertation. In this assignment, you will synthesize the articles you summarized in the Topic 2 assignment, and you will describe how the synthesis of the articles informs a gap in the research that your dissertation study will fill.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Refer to assignment from Topic 2 and the related instructor feedback on the assignment.
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
Locate your completed assignment form Topic 2 and the feedback from your instructor.
Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) that synthesizes the 10 studies you summarized in the Topic 2 assignment. Do that by including the following in your paper:
- A statement of common findings addressed in each of the articles.
- A statement of the conclusions that can be drawn when the articles are taken together as a single entity. What is the overall message of the group of articles?
- A discussion of how these studies, when taken together, inform the research gap that your dissertation will fill.