Please use the sample attachment to complete
Use in Childcare center in Elizabeth City NC
Keep in mind that you can write a job description for a different employee at a child care program. For example, you can write a job description for a cook, custodian, or bus driver.
Child Development Center Lead Teacher- Job Description SAMPLE
Job Title- Lead Teacher
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education- Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education
Experience- One to three years of experience in a licensed child care facility with diverse
children ages three to five.
Personal Health- must be physically healthy to work with young children indoors and
• ability to be mobile including standing for potentially long periods of time, walking,
kneeling, reaching, crawling, getting up and down from the floor level, etc.
• ability to lift/move up to 25 pounds.
• ability to observe and supervise children indoors and outdoors.
• maintains constant supervision of children.
• plans developmentally appropriate activities balancing children’s needs for individual and
group activities, physical and quiet play, and child-initiated and teacher-initiated
• gives each child the attention needed to assure his/her best welfare including needs
related to learning experiences, eating, toileting, sleeping, playing, health care and safety.
• maintains accurate attendance reports and other center and child records.
• prepares, implements, and gathers educational materials required to implement the
program and curriculum.
Work Schedule- Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., some evenings and/or
Salary Range- $27,500 – $31,200, depending on education and experience.