Create a 2 to 3 page software development plan for the application you are developing.
Week 2 Assignment – Proposal
Homeland security officers include law enforcement officers, first responders, and federal personnel who work in the country’s borders to manage the movement of people in and out and ensure the security of the borders, seaports, and airports checking potential immigrants for connections to terrorists or criminal behavior. The research aims to develop an app, designed for delivering and sharing timely intelligence information with law enforcement officers and first responders across the country. The app specifications include an interactive interface element that allows the user to use, modify and edit navigation control tools. The study sample includes 2 senior leaders per department, from the 22 departments of the homeland security officers due to their sufficient information on the necessary app specification necessary for investigating, disrupting, and dismantling terrorists’ transnational and other criminal investigations. The study will employ both parametric and non-parametric statistical tests to evaluate the data collected from app users.
The app users include homeland security officers which include law enforcement officers, first responders, and federal personnel. The officers work in the country’s borders to manage the movement of people in and out of the country’s homeland security officers help to secure the borders, seaports, and airports checking potential immigrants for connections to terrorist or criminal behavior. The research aims to develop an app, designed for delivering and sharing timely intelligence information with law enforcement officers and first responders across the country. The app must allow easy and faster access to information and must be secure for any device. It should have a feature that permits real-time collaboration between the partners and offer key technologies for protecting the citizens from adversarial threats facilitating coordinated responses and helping law enforcement officer to secure the country’s borders.
The app specification includes an interactive interface element that allows the user to use, modify and edit. For instance, the navigation controls such as the links and buttons and editable content. This interactive element includes keyboard access and labels for assistive technologies. Other elements are non-test interface elements such as images and the text tendered such as graphs, charts, images audio and video files, and animations. (3) the app should permit the use of colors for conveying meaningful information and provides alternative means for users who cannot distinguish the different colors. Another important component is the flashing elements that flicker and blink repetitively.
The study sample includes 2 senior leaders per department, from the 22 departments of homeland security officers. The senior executives have sufficient information on the necessary app specification necessary for investigating, disrupting, and dismantling terrorists’ transnational and other criminal investigation that seeks to or threatens to exploit the customs and immigration laws. The research will employ the use of interviews for the data collection process. (1) an interview helps a researcher to explain, understand and explore the research subject’s experiences and opinions and collect in-depth information.
The interview will include questions surrounding the challenges experienced by the security officers in checking potential immigrants for connections to terrorist or criminal behaviors. The limitation of the present apps, and the recommendation for future apps. The users need an app that will improve their convenience by proving a new tool for accessing information quickly and easily and securely from any device. In most instances, field security officers are in an operational environment and require easy and secure access to intelligence updates, reports, and relevant breaking information. This is in line with the goal of the research w will be to provide a user-friendly application that meets the customer’s needs.
Two applicable tests for evaluating the data collected from users are the parametric and the non-parametric statistical tests. Parametric tests make specific assumptions about the collected data while the non-parametric do not make any assumptions. The two tests assist in making inferences about the collected data from the sample population (2). The parametric test permits the researcher in making generalizations from the sample and does not need interval data to be transformed into rank data. Equally this statistical test provides real information.
In conclusion, the purpose of research is to outline the app specification required by the homeland security officers to guide in the process of developing the app. the app needs to have interactive interface elements that permit the users in delivering and sharing timely intelligence information with the law enforcement officers checking potential immigrants for connection to criminal behavior. Both parametric and non-parametric statistical tests are used for evaluating the data collected during the interview.
1. Jain, N. (2021). Survey versus interviews: Comparing data collection tools for exploratory research.
The Qualitative Report,
2. Kelter, R. (2021). Analysis of type I and II error rates of Bayesian and frequentist parametric and nonparametric two-sample hypothesis tests under preliminary assessment of normality.
3. Swalwell, E. M., & Alagood, R. K. (2021). Homeland security twenty years after 9/11: Addressing evolving threats.
Harv. J. on Legis.,
Week 4 Assignment – Software Development Plan
Your team has been tasked with delivering a Section 508-validated application for U.S. Department of Homeland Security field officers to check potential immigrants for connections to criminal or terrorist behavior. This application must meet these requirements:
· Conform with Section-508 accessibility guidelines.
· Allow wireless real-time bidirectional data transfer and database queries with secure servers.
· Have a secure login and, after two minutes of non-use, have autolocking that reactivates a secure login.
· Allow for officers working on any day and at any time in offices, from vehicles, and on foot along the U.S. border and in cities across the country.
In Week 2, you defined how you will determine user applicability and needs. This week, you will map out a plan for your project.
Create a 2–3-page software development plan for the application you are developing. Include the following:
· List 8–10 steps the project will follow from proposal to post-implementation stages for proper design of the application. Be sure to account for all application constraints in the project planning steps.
· Explain the outcome, process, and resources involved in accomplishing each step. Incorporate at least 3 credible and relevant resources to support your statements.
· Create a Gantt chart that includes each step in the process, the resources involved, and the estimated duration of time it will take to complete each step. It is recommended that you use Microsoft Excel to create your chart. You may copy and paste it into your software development plan document or submit a separate file.
· Remember, your audience is your company’s IT executive. Your writing should be professional and free of grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors.