1. Ritzer lists individual actions you can take against McDonaldization in your daily life (p. 179-180). What is your reaction to this list? How practical do you think it is? How do you think adopting it might improve or diminish the quality of your life?
2. First, think of an example of “nothing” that is quite present in your life. It can be an object, a place, or an activity.
Now, look for a “something” version of it.
- How easy or difficult was it to find it?
- Comparing the two versions, which one are you more satisfied with, and why?
- What does that say about the place of McDonaldization in your life?