For this milestone, you will conduct a career paths analysis. You will research job descriptions that are related to psychology and identify one job description that requires strong EI skills.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Summarize a psychology-related job description by providing the following details:
- Job title
- Job roles and responsibilities
- Prerequisites for the job (knowledge, education, skills, and abilities needed to successfully perform the job)
- Primary industry or type of business
- Connection to psychology (e.g., psychological concepts, perspectives, and applications related to job performance)
Note: The job does not have to be in the field of psychology, but could be in a field in which psychological knowledge is frequently applied (e.g., personal financial advisors, probation officers, human resource specialists). Keywords for search may include psychology, health, behavior, education, etc.
- Identify the aspects of the job that would require self-awareness and self-regulation.
- Identify the aspects of the job that would require social awareness and conflict resolution.
- Identify the aspects of the job that would require ethical judgment and empathy.