Instructions: This assignment will allow you to demonstrate what youâ€™ve learned after reading this chapter and it will help you prepare for the first exam and other assignments.
For this assignment, you will be recording your very own self-presentation to share with your classmates (see instructions on how to post a video below). After reading Chapter 3 and reviewing the course materials, start thinking about your self-concept. Next, pick an object that you think best describes you. The object can be anything from a bottle of water to a book. Some students like to pick objects that are linked to their passions or hobbies, while others might pick objects of sentimental value. The object isn’t the most important aspect of this assignment, so any object will do as long as you are able to describe your self-concept during your presentation and answer the questions below.
The self-presentation should be 3-4 minutes in length and include the answers to the following questions:
- After you have picked your object, start thinking about adjectives that you would use to describe yourself with based on the object. With these adjectives in mind, think about when you started seeing yourself this way. What situations reinforce your self-concept? What situations work against this self-concept? Who do you think of when you think of yourself in this way?
- What is important to your self-concept?
- How has your self-concept been influenced by social comparison? What reference groups are important to you? How has your self-concept been influenced by reflected appraisal?
- What are some ways in which you manage othersâ€™ impressions of you? What are the benefits of effective impression management?
- How do you manage impressions online?
JUST WRITE A DIALOGUE THAT I CAN READ OFF FOR 3-4 MINUTES ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS. THE OBJECT I CHOSE WAS A TREE BECAUSE I AM BIG AND TALL. YOU CAN MAKE UP OTHER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS ABOUT ME BUT I GAVE YOU THE PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS.
Any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.