Assignment: Research Paper
Charles Dickens was not only an author but one of the most important social commentators of his time, who used his writing as a tool of expression for his criticisms of Victorian England. After reading the selection from Charles Dickensâ€™ â€œHard Timesâ€, choose one of the following topics to find out more about, and write a clearly developed and well-formed research paper on your chosen topic. Follow the writing process and use APA format to cite sources used. Use the following two websites to help you in your writing:
- Dickens was a strong champion for childrenâ€™s rights in a time when children were treated as property. Research and discuss some of the abuses of children during Victorian Times.
- Research and discuss classism in England during Victorian Times. What were the social classes of this time? What problems were caused because of classism?
- Research and discuss the role of women in Victorian England. What were some of the abuses of women?
Each essay should be well developed with a clear intro with thesis, body paragraphs that support, and a conclusion. Your essay should be a minimum of 500 words and have a corresponding works cited page of all sources used.
*Cite your sources in
Before you submit, check the following:
1. Have I read the rubric?
2. Does my paper fully address the prompt, and do I have a clear thesis statement in my introduction?
3. Are my paper and sources in APA format? The paper should be Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, double-spaced. Click here for tips on how to cite in APA. Click here for an example paper in APA. Click here for info on scholarly sources.
*NOTE: You will not receive a grade for this assignment unless you include sources. Since this is a research paper, evidence of research must be present both in-text and in the reference list.
Rubric Name: E4P2 Assignment 2