- Review Chapter 10 of your course text, Social Psychology, focusing on attachments in childhood and adulthood. Also focus on the factors involved in attraction, romantic love, relationship satisfaction, and romantic breakups.
- Review at least two of the journal articles in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources to explore aspects of attraction and romantic relationships in different cultures. (You do not have to read all of the articles.)
Think about how people in a different culture might view and behave in relationships. Notice the similarities and differences between that culture and your own.
The Assignment (3â€“4 pages):
In a 3- to 4-page paper, analyze a personal relationship you have or have had (or a relationship of someone you know well). This relationship may be a romantic relationship or a friendship. Address the following:
- Briefly identify the type of relationship you are using as your example and describe each person’s attachment style.
- Select at least four concepts or theories from your readings that describe in more depth the relationship and/or how this relationship developed, was maintained, or ended. Analyze how these four concepts or theories relate to the relationship you have chosen to assess.
- Finally, select a culture presented in one of the articles listed and consider how that cultural context could impact your relationship. If one or both of the individuals in your relationship was from this other culture, would your four selected concepts or theories still apply in the same way? If not, what would differ? Would another concept or theory be more applicable, and why? Use information from, and cite, your selected article.