Option #1: Continuous Quality Assurance
For this assignment, you will write a paper addressing the following:
Research Continuous Quality Assurance (CQA) efforts in a health care facility other than hospitals (e.g., mental health, public health, school clinics, and integrated medicine centers). Consider how quality efforts relate to patient-physician relationships and quality delivery of services in healthcare settings. Summarize your findings and discuss the ethical foundations of such efforts.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 900 – 1200 words of content in length, not including the cover or reference pages.
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- Support your analysis by referencing and citing at least three credible sources other than the course textbooks, readings, or lecture. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.
Use headings to organize your work.
- Chapters 15 & 21 in Health Care Ethics: Critical Issues for the 21st Century
- Faden, R. R., Kass, N. E., Goodman, S. N., Pronovost, P., Tunis, S., & Beauchamp, T. L. (2013). An ethics framework for a learning health care system: A departure from traditional research ethics and clinical ethics . (2013). Hastings Center Report, [Supplement], 43, S16-S27. doi: 0.1002/hast.134
- Izumi, S. (2012). Quality improvement in nursing: Improvement mandate or professional responsibility?Nursing Forum, 47(4), 260-267. doi: 10.1111/j.1744-6198.2012.00283.x.
- Nagington, M., Luker, K., & Walshe, C. (2013). ‘Busyness’ and the preclusion of quality palliative district nursing care . Nursing Ethics, 20(8), 893-903. doi: 10.1177/0969733013485109.