Prior to beginning work on this journal, read in your course text Chapter 5, Promotion of Health and Wellness. Throughout this week, you have explored many ways for promoting the health and well-being of young children. Along with preventative measures like daily health checks and vaccinations, early educators should also promote developmentally appropriate physical activity. This journal will provide you with the opportunity to reflect on your role in promoting the health and physical activity of young children.
In a Microsoft Word document, include the following:
- Explain how your knowledge of developmentally appropriate expectations for young children’s physical activity has been affected during this class.
- Identify at least two consequences that could result from either having developmentally inappropriate expectations or implementing developmentally inappropriate learning activities.
- Describe three new ideas learned so far that have been the most valuable to you.
- Give at least two examples of this class affecting your decisions in your future role.
- Outline at least two additional topics related to physical activity and fitness that you would like to understand better.
- Justify thoroughly one action you will take to enhance your learning on one of these topics.
- Must be 1 to 2 pages