Practicum Project Methodology and Evaluation
Consider the following scenario:
With a clear conception of her Practicum Project goal and objectives, Sandra was optimistic that she was on the right track. Then she started to consider the methodology for her project and realized how much she still needed to figure out. She began to think about the theories and concepts she had examined in her program of study and how they might inform her methodology. The biggest challenge, she discovered, was in mapping the strategies that would help her achieve each objective. How would she decide what would be most effective? What barriers were likely to arise? She also realized that she needed to think about evaluation early in order to establish appropriate criteria and make sure she could assess the evidence related to the process, impact, and outcomes of her project. She wondered how she might use formative evaluation to develop and improve the project, as well as how she could use summative evaluation following the implementation of the project to determine if it had been successful.
Consider the models, theories, and concepts you have examined in your program of study as they relate to your project. Which of these can be applied to the development of methodology to help you achieve the project objectives? Which ones can be used to help you establish criteria and methods of evaluation for your project?
In this Discussion, you examine and propose the methodology for your Practicum Project, as well as evaluation methods. The insights you gain through this Discussion should be integrated into your Practicum Project Plan, which is due in Week 5.
- Reflect on the Practicum Project goal and objectives you developed in Week 3.
- Refer to the Practicum Project Plan (PPP) Overview document as needed for information related to the assignment.
- Consider the models, theories, and concepts you have examined in your program of study as they relate to your project. How can this information be applied to the development of the methodology and evaluation for your project?
- Review the information on methodology in the Learning Resources, and conduct additional research to facilitate your analysis for your project. Evaluate the who, what, how, where, and when associated with each objective: Who will make what change, by how much, where, and by when? Consider the methods you could use to meet each objective. Devise your methodology in as much detail as possible to identify how you could meet each objective. For example, identify which professional organizations or regulatory bodies you would consult (by viewing their websites or contacting them directly) to gather evidence.
- Review the information on formative and summative evaluation in this week’s Learning Resources, and conduct additional research to facilitate your analysis for your project. How could you evaluate achievement of your Practicum Project objectives using formative and/or summative evaluation? Begin to develop an evaluation plan for your Practicum Project.
By Day 3
Post a brief summary of your Practicum Project focus, including the goal and objectives of your Practicum Project (to serve as a reminder for your colleagues). Explain your selected methodology, and justify your selection. Include a detailed explanation of how you could meet each objective using this methodology. Also explain your evaluation plan, noting at which points during your Practicum Project formative and/or summative evaluation will occur.
Please refer to practicum goals from attached file