PLEASE READ DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY!!! This is a 350 points task and I need all of them. Cover every question requested on this task. Will send the reading materials by sections. Pick whatever topic you feel comfortable with.
Select one of the following ethical issues in healthcare from the following choices:
- Gender selection in human embryos
- Stem cell transplants
- Foregoing curative medical treatment due to religious beliefs
- Futility of care
- Abortion after six months
Use the CSU Global Library and select Internet sources to conduct research on your chosen topic.
Based on your research, provide the history of the issue from a legal, ethical, and moral perspective.
In your presentation address the following questions:
- Do the consequences of actions always direct what is morally required?
- What should happen when two principles come into conflict? For example, should patient autonomy be considered more important than beneficence? Defend your position.
- Are moral and ethically rules always binding, or are they only guidelines to be assessed in each case? Defend your position.
Your PowerPoint presentation should meet the following requirements:
- Be twelve to fifteen slides in length, not including the cover or reference slides
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of eight scholarly references – four of these references must be from outside sources and four may be from course readings, lectures, and textbooks. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.
- Include detailed speaker’s notes throughout the presentation
- Utilize headings to organize the content in your work
- Be submitted as a PowerPoint file. Do not submit presentation as a .pdf file.
- Chapters 22 – 24 in Health Care Ethics: Critical Issues for the 21st Century
- Ewashen, C., Mcinnis-Perry, G. & Murphy, N. (2013). Interprofessional collaboration-in-practice: The contested place of ethics. Nursing Ethics, 20(3), 325-335. doi: 10.1177/0969733012462048
- Ivanov, L. L. & Oden, T. L. (2013). Public health nursing, ethics and human rights. Public Health Nursing, 30(3), 231-238. doi: 10.1111/phn.12022.
- Chapter 17 in Health Care Ethics: Critical Issues for the 21st century
- Brennan, C. (2013). Ensuring ethical practice: Guidelines for mental health counselors in private practice.Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 35(3), 245-261.
- Bodner, K. E. (2012). Ethical practices and standards that inform educational gatekeeping practices in psychology. Ethics & Behavior, 22(1), 60-74. doi:10.1080/10508422.2012.638827.
For Your Success
This week’s focus is on the Code of Medical Ethics and the Patient Bill of Rights. The Portfolio Project is an important deliverable at the end of this week. Consider the information in this lecture in your final paper.