Plagiarism is unethical, a form of theft, an act of fraud, and is prohibited by the ethical guidelines and standards for professional practice of both the American Psychological Association and the Am
Get quality term paper help at Unemployedprofessor.net. Use our paper writing services to score better and meet your deadlines. It is simple and straightforward. Whatever paper you need—we will help you write it!
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
- Plagiarism is unethical, a form of theft, an act of fraud, and is prohibited by the ethical guidelines and standards for professional practice of both the American Psychological Association and the American Counseling Association. True False
- If information from multiple sources (e.g., text, research article) is used in a paragraph, plagiarism can be avoided by listing all sources at the end of the paragraph. True False
- Which of the following are examples of plagiarism and/or an academic integrity issue? A student does not read an article the student sees cited in a textbook, but cites the article as a primary source in the student’s own paper.A student read the course text, but not an article discussed in the course text. Then cited the article and not the course text.A student reads a text written by Smith (2012), and learns about research conducted by Rodriquez (2017). The student finds the Rodriguez article in the library and reads it, then cites the Rodriguez article in her paper.A student includes a primary source (e.g., a research article) in the “References” section at the end of his or her paper, but only read the secondary source (e.g., the course text).
- Which of the following are examples of multiple submission, also referred to as “self-plagiarism” (more than one may apply)?A student re-uses paragraphs of information from an assignment the student wrote in another class, and no citation is provided.A student responds to more than one student’s discussion with an almost identical response.A student follows instructions and writes the Week 7 major paper by “reusing” portions of an annotated bibliography created in Week 5, and a first draft completed in Week 6.A student copies paragraphs from the student’s own discussion board posts and pastes them into the Week 7 paper after obtaining permission to do so from the course instructor.
- I have read and understand the Keiser University student code of conduct that defines plagiarism, multiple submissions, and academic dishonesty; and that outlines potential consequences thereof. True False
- If a student accidentally plagiarizes due to lack of knowledge or understanding of APA Style rules or University policies, the student (more than one may apply):Will never receive negative outcomes in that class (e.g., resubmit assignment, lower grade, tarnished reputation, failed class).Does not need to worry about negative consequences once the final grade for a class has been submitted.May be given an opportunity to resubmit the offending work if there is time left in the term.Should report it immediately to his or her course instructor once the student becomes aware of the accidental plagiarism.
- Accidental plagiarism does not have to be a serious matter if a student recognizes what they did wrong, learns from their actions, and makes a significant effort to not plagiarize again. True False
- Which of the following are examples of plagiarism (more than one may apply)?A student cites a source incorrectly because she did not understand the correct method of citing the source.A student summarizes an article’s content in two or more sentences and provides a citation at the end of the last sentence, but the reader cannot determine whose ideas were in the first sentences.EXAMPLE: Higher levels of job satisfaction are correlated with lower levels of turnover. Effective leadership skills lead to greater job satisfaction (Rodriquez, 2017).The author of a website is unknown, so the student does not provide an in-text citation.A student summarizes an article’s content in two or more sentences and provides a citation at the beginning of the first sentence, but the reader cannot determine whose ideas were in the remaining sentences.EXAMPLE: Rodriguez (2017) discovered effective leadership skills lead to greater job satisfaction. Higher levels of job satisfaction are correlated with lower levels of turnover.
- Learning APA Style rules will help students avoid accidental plagiarism. True False
- If a student is not aware of plagiarism or academic integrity policies, or does not understand them, the student theoretically cannot violate these rules. True False
Click Save and Submit to save and submit. Click Save All Answers to save all answers.
Our affordable academic writing services save you time, which is your most valuable asset. Share your time with your loved ones as our Unemployedprofessor.net experts deliver unique, and custom-written paper for you.
Get a 15% discount on your order using the following coupon code SAVE15
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper