Over the course of this semester, you have explored a variety of topics related to disruptive innovation and innovative technologies. For the purpose of helping your instructor refine and strengthen NGR 7820 for future students, please use this guide to write a thoughtful, detailed, 1-page, double spaced paper.
As the diagram suggests, a reflection paper’s purpose is, in general, to reflect your understanding of the course and how it affected your ideas and possible practice in the future.
- Begin by jotting down some of the reading material and class assignments that stand out in your mind. Decide why they stand out to you.
- Using the first person singular (“I”), relate the readings and class discussions to your previous knowledge and experience.
- Consider if and how what you have read and learned changes your thinking and might affect your practice in both personal and professional situations.
- Review the readings and class discussions to be sure that you have included all relevant information that you can and made all the connects that you can.
Structure your reflection paper as follows:
- Brief, only a sentence or two, but it should offer some overall statement of your perspective based on what you have learned (e.g. Before I read the text for NGR 5720, I had never considered…..).
Main body paragraphs (2)
- Describe which readings or assignments affected your thinking and why.
- What key insights gained in this course will influence your future leadership style and approach?
- Should reflect upon how you think you may use what you learned in the course to help you in your career (e.g. I realize I must learn how to….).
- Or it could be uncertain (e.g. I don’t agree with everything I learned, but I am going to consider using some of the practices in the future to see…..).
- APA formatting for any material that is summarized from an outside source.
- References are not required!
- 1- 2 page, double spaced
The format for this reflection was adapted from the International Institutes for Restorative Practices (IIRP) Reflection Papers format (https://www.iirp.edu (Links to an external site.))
nstructions Over the course of this semester, you have explored a variety of topics related to disruptive innovation and innovative technologies. For the purpose of helping your instructor refine and
Assignment 4 Final Course Reflection Begin by jotting down some of the reading material and class assignments that stand out in your mind. Decide why they stand out to you. During this class some of the information that stood out to me was evidenced innovation learning the different frameworks and that patient centered. I learned about three different types of leadership operational enabling an entrepreneurial and entrepreneur ….generating ideas and solutions helping my patients getting in a better place in and improving their quality of life as a provider seeing all the different problems I can help find a solution. Teaching nurses to be well rounded and creating a culture of open mindedness is something that I have found that can be implemented in the medial workforce another thing that stood out to me during this class is adapting to technology a lot of our older /seasoned nurses are used to paper charting and they are very reluctant and fearful to change with technology. Not realizing how the EMR system will benefit the health care system less errors household communication between disciplines because health care is forever changing. I learned about the different wearable technologies which I found to be very intriguing. Things such as Apple Watch is hearables smart clothing glasses and jewelry and of course body sensors and body cameras. There are lower costs but the fact that they are recording in real time is empowering to the patient and in health care of course there are some disadvantages limited battery costs and breach of confidentiality for patient information. Some of the things that I have learned during this innovation class is how Tele health has made such a difference in our lives especially during the COVID pandemic. How Health Technology Assessments (HTA) compared to comparative effectiveness research (CER), how offers sort of a side-by-side analysis of our technology. Smartphones were a great asset to our office along with portable laptops helping us communicate with our patients via Tele health…some of the disadvantages were lack of Wi-Fi connection and they were not secured through the WhatsApp and Facetime calls but it helps get the job done. Electronic prescribing for controlled substances was a great asset to our office. Not only were we able to send regular scheduled medication it helps us to monitor our control substance in the Mr. Having the electronic prescribing helped benefit patients without transportation elderly patients that lived alone and those in rural areas. Having the ability to help with medication reconciliation decrease doctor shopping decrease medical errors decrease misplacing scripts or them getting stolen