Conflict and Negotiation
Scenario – You are working in a hospital, and a group of nurses have become vocal about the working conditions. The nurses are from different units in the hospital, and they are upset about the nurse:patient ratio, the mandatory meetings they are required to attend and not get paid, the skipped meals because there was no one to watch their patients if they were to leave, and, the list goes on. Part of the group wants to look into pursuing this through legal channels. You are part of a group that believes that the Administration should be given an opportunity to correct the situation by negotiating with the nurses.
The problem is magnified by the conflict between the groups of nurses, and it is hard to show a unified front when the nurses are arguing with each other. You want to address the whole group of nurses, and you are trying to put together a speech that will unite the nurses.
- Read the scenario above and answer the following questions:
- What ideas do you have about a message to all the nurses?
- What lessons about conflict have you learned that you can apply to this situation?
- What direction will you decide to lead this group?
- Your post should:
- Answer the questions as thoroughly and concisely as possible.
- Be sure to reference any works that you utilize in answering the questions
- Be sure that references are in APA format.
- Please respond to at least one (1) of your classmate’s postings.