For this milestone, you will submit a draft of Section I (Summary) and Section II (Cultural Analysis Overview) of your final project, the analysis and negotiation coaching recommendations for executive leadership. When drafting the summary, consider the zone of possible agreement (ZOPA) and best alternative to a negotiated agreement (BATNA) positions of Netflix’s chief human resources officer, Sharon Slade. When crafting the cultural analysis overview, consider the espoused values of Netflix vs. the enacted values, the basic assumptions, as well as the observable artifacts. Over the next few weeks, you should revise these two sections based on instructor feedback and then submit them as part of your analysis and negotiation coaching recommendations for executive leadership final project, due in Module Ten.Specifically, your summary and critical analysis overview must address the following critical elements:
- Summary. The purpose of this section is to prepare the chief human resources officer for entering the arena of this particular negotiation. Be sure to:
- Summarize the negotiation fact pattern the chief human resources officer (CHRO) would need in advance of the negotiation. (You will want to refer to the list you created for the Module One discussion, as well as the feedback from your peers.)
- Describe the types of power the CHRO has and how they are important to this particular negotiation.
- Describe appropriate alternatives that the CHRO would want to consider in the event that an agreement is not reached. In other words, what is the CHRO’s ZOPA and BATNA? Does she have more than one?
- Cultural Analysis Overview
- What inferences can you draw about the company’s organizational culture based on how they react to an employee leaving? Support your reasoning with specific examples from your readings.
- Describe what cultural assumptions drive the organization’s policy decisions. Support your response with examples from your readings.
- Explain how you would use these assumptions to engage in a severance negotiation that would result in the most beneficial outcome for the company. Support your explanation with effective examples.
What to Submit
Your paper must be submitted as a three-page Microsoft Word document with double spacing,