As you near the end of your first field education practicum, reflect upon your use of self as a tool for helping others to promote human rights, social change, justice, and well-being.
- What professional attributes did you observe among social workers and in yourself as being the most critical in being an effective and culturally competent practitioner who maintains a strengths perspective in working with clients at the micro, mezzo, and macro levels?
- Include in your response:
- The important considerations in preparing for a social work career.
- The factors to your selection of a particular area of social work practice and type of practice setting.
- The importance of balancing personal and professional aspects of one’s life.