To prepare for this Assignment:
- Before beginning the Exploratorium activity, review Module 21, “Forgetting, Memory Construction, and Improving Memory.” Focus on strategies for improving memory.
- As you work your way through the exercises at the Exploratorium’s “Don’t Forget… Playing Games With Memory” note the following data:
- Record your score on “Memory Solitaire.”
- Record your score on “Tell Yourself a Story.” (Think back to the concepts in this week’s reading where you learned about level of processing, recency, and chunking.)
- Note observations about your strategy on “Tell Yourself a Story.” What type of story or set of connections did you devise? Did it help improve your memory? What applications do you see for this strategy?
- Record your score on “Wander Around Your House.” How well did this trick work? What applications can you see for this method?
Submit by Day 7 a paper of 2–4 pages in which you evaluate the effectiveness of memory strategies demonstrated by the memory tasks. As part of your evaluation, describe the aspects of memory demonstrated by the memory tasks. Include the data you collected and evaluate the effectiveness of the strategies presented.