- Review the Torraco article from Week 5, focusing specifically on synthesizing and integrating the literature review.
- Of the 10-12 collected resources, choose the 4 peer-reviewed journal articles that most closely address the problem chosen for your Capstone Project.
In 2-4 pages, respond to the following:
- Cite the four resources you have chosen to synthesize and integrate into a narrative. (You may copy and paste the citations from the list of resources you submitted last week.)
- Synthesize and integrate the four resources into a coherent narrative that:
- Begins with an introduction
- Includes an integrated synthesis of the resources
- Relates the narrative to your problem statement
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list only for those resources not included in the Learning Resources for this course.
Use four of the following sources…
Dey, Archita and Kaustav Das. “Why We Tattoo? Exploring the Motivation and Meaning.” Anthropology (2016): 4:174. Article.
Duke University. Media’s roles in defining tattooed women. 2018. Article. 26 March 2018.
Forth, De’ysha. Adolescent Self Expression. 16 March 2014. Article. 26 March 2018.
Grogan, Sarah. “Body Image and Health: Contemporary Perspectives.” Journal of Health Psychology (2006): 523-530. pdf.
Jensen, Lene Arnett and Jeffrey Jensen Arnett. “Going Global: New Pathways for Adolescents.” Journal of Social Issues(2012): 473-492. pdf.
Kenny, Ursula, et al. “Peer Influences on Adolescent Body Image: Friends or Foes?” Journal of Adolescent Research(2016): 768-799. Article.
Matera, Avery. Bee Tattoos Unite Social Media Following the Manchester Explosion. 24 May 2017. https://www.teenvogue.com/story/bee-tattoos-support-manchester. 26 March 2018.
Paxton, S. J. and E. H. Wertheim. “Body Image Development â€“ Adolescent Girls.” Encyclopedia of Body Image and Human Appearance (2012): 187-193. Document.
Petray, Theresa and Anne Stephens. “Tattoos, piercings and youth: How does body modification fit into young people’s life circumstances?” Proceedings of The Australian Sociological Association Conference (2015): 23-26. pdf.
Rubin, Lawrence. Tattoos and Body Piercing: Adolescent Self-Expression or Self-Mutilation? 02 July 2009. Article. 26 March 2018.