1. Locate and select a contemporary music video released after January 1, 2000, by any composer / performer that has an easily sharable URL that can be viewed by your classmates.
2. Carefully listen to your selected song, and critically examine its components, style, context, and influence.
3. Do research and find the relevant information required in step 4. Be sure to cite the source(s) (e.g. the website, essay, or book) where you found your information.
4. Now that you’ve carefully examined the work of music you selected, write a new thread of at least 200 words, in which you:
- Identify the song and artist / band that you chose.
- Provide a brief biography of your chosen artist / band.
- Describe the artist’s / band’s style of music.
- Identify at least one musician, band or musical style from the textbook or online exploration/research that influenced your chosen song.
- Include specific evidence from the text or research that supports your arguments.
- Include the URL (hyperlink) to your chosen song and all research sources.
- Explain why you chose the song, using your knowledge of musical components, styles, and history.